National Abalone Levy ballot
With declining wild resources we have to make more money from every abalone we catch!
Just as we are investing in trying to stop the decline in the natural resources that our industry depends upon, we need to invest in our other greatest assets – our customers and our consumers! We need to educate them about why they need to pay a premium for our beautiful, and increasingly rare, Australian wild-caught abalone.
To help you decide how to vote, Abalone Council Australia has created a dedicated website at www.abalonepal.com.
Please take the time to understand what is being proposed – don’t rely on what other people say – make up your own mind and vote in the way that is right for you.
- The Levy Investment Proposal https://bit.ly/32BzNwa
- The consumer-focused Communication and Promotion Program https://bit.ly/32FT3IK
- Examples of the sorts of activities that would be undertaken under the CEP Program https://bit.ly/2ruO5BG
- The data used in developing the Levy Investment Proposal https://bit.ly/2X1YX5S https://bit.ly/36U8gJF
- An investment scenario planner https://bit.ly/33JWQq0
- Information about how the levy funds will be managed and reported on https://bit.ly/2pTqpGX. Note that all levy funds will be administered and managed by the Department of Agriculture and the Fisheries Research and Development Corporation.
We will be adding more information to the website over the next few weeks and answering people’s questions as they come in.
For questions about the voting process please contact CorpVote in the first instance on 1300 147 797 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the Levy Investment Proposal and related investment information please contact the ACA during office hours on 03 9586 3066.